Ancestry.com® Library Edition is a genealogy resource that delivers billions of records in census data, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more. *In-library access only*
The Hartford Courant subscription is split into three different time periods. Note: the years of 1923-1991 are available onsite at the Bloomfield Public Libraries to all patrons, or offsite to Bloomfield library card holders only.
HeritageQuest is a comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources. It delivers an essential collection of genealogical and historical sources—with coverage dating back to the 1700s—that can help people find their ancestors and discover a place’s past. The collection consists of six core data sets: U.S. Federal Census; genealogy and local history books; Revolutionary War records; Freedman’s Bank records; U.S. Congressional Serial Set; and Periodical Source Index Archive.
researchIT CT Newspapers provides access to a selection of historical Connecticut newspapers and recent issues of other popular newspapers.
A joint project of the CT State Library and the Library Connection consortium, this collection of items comes from libraries and their partnering cultural institutions across Connecticut and has been digitized and made available online. Includes: historical photographs, maps, postcards, films, and more.
Additional genealogy and history resources:
- Bloomfield Libraries History
- Bloomfield Libraries Online Catalog (genealogy books, DVDs, digital media, etc.)
- Bloomfield Local History
- Bloomfield Town Clerk for land and vital records
- Bloomfield’s Wintonbury Historical Society
- Connecticut Archives Online
- Connecticut Historical Society
- Connecticut History
- Connecticut State Library Genealogy & Historical Collections & Services
- Chronicling America (historic American newspapers)
- Family Search
- Find A Grave
- Godfrey Memorial Library (genealogy library in Middletown, CT)
- Internet Archive (free digital library)
- National Archives
- National Digital Newspaper Program
- Realities of Genealogy Research
- U.S. Gen Web Project
- U.S. Government Genealogy Resources