Your online library account is accessible through the library’s online catalog. Through your online library account you can view your checkouts, renew items, place a hold, view and pay fines, view your reading history, and create reading lists.
- Click on “My Account” on the library home page left-hand menu, or click “Login” at the top-right of the Encore online library catalog search page.
- Enter your last name and library card number in the spaces provided, and click the “Submit” button.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen to view your account.
View Checkouts & Renew Items Online
Once you are logged into your online library account, and have clicked on your name in the upper right corner of the screen, you will be directed to the Checkouts section of your account. Under Checkouts, you can view all the items you currently have checked out on your library card, as well as their corresponding due dates.
Items can be renewed online from the Checkouts screen. Click the “Renew All” button to renew all your items at once. Otherwise, click the check box next to each item you would like to renew, and then click the “Renew Marked” button. The updated due dates will appear in the status column.
Please make sure to read the screen carefully when renewing items. Some items may not be renewed. See the Renew My Items page for further information on the renewal process.
Place a Hold on an Item Online
See the Place a Hold page for instructions on placing a hold online.
Pay Fines Online
See the Loan Periods, Fines, and Fees page for information on paying fines.
Reading History & Reading Lists
Keep track of the library materials you have checked out in the past by turning on the “Reading History” feature in your library account. You will only have to do this once, and any items you check out after this point will appear in your Reading History.
- Log into your library account and click your name in the top right corner of the screen to view your account.
- Click on Reading History from the menu on the left side of the page, and then click the “Save Reading History” button to turn on this function. Once the feature is turned on, you can always return to Reading History to view your past checkouts.
Through your online library account, you also have the ability to create personal reading lists to keep track of books you have read, want to read, etc.
For questions about accessing your online library account, contact Prosser Public Library at 860-243-9721.