We strongly encourage you to renew your items, even if they’re already overdue. In addition to giving you more time to enjoy your materials, renewing items can prevent or stop fines from accruing. There are three easy ways to renew:
- Renew online by accessing your account with your library card. After submitting your login information, you will need to click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen to view your account.
- Call the library at (860) 243-9721 and ask a staff member to renew your materials. Please have your library card in hand, because the number will be needed for phone renewals.
- In person at the library. You don’t need to bring the items, but you will need your card.
Items will not be renewed in the following circumstances:
- The item has been requested by another borrower.
- The item has already been renewed 2 times, which is the maximum number allowable.
- The item type has been set in the system as non-renewable (for example, museum passes).
- The total fines on your account have exceeded $10.00.
Renewals follow the same loan rules as the initial item checkout. For example, if you renew a book that was initially checked out for a 14 day loan period, you will receive 14 additional days beginning from the date of the renewal.