Freegal® Music is a free music service from your library. All you need is your library card number. Freegal offers access to over 11 million songs and over 18,000 music videos.
In total the collection has over 200 different genres and is comprised of music from over 30,000+ labels, include the world’s largest – Sony Music Entertainment. There is no software to download, and there are no digital rights management (DRM) restrictions.
Each patron can download 3 FREE songs per week, and the music files are yours to keep! Log into Freegal using your Bloomfield library card.
- You can listen to a 30-second clip of each song before making a selection. Music files are MP3s, compatible with portable devices/PCs/Macs.
- Music videos are also available for download. Each video download is equivalent to 2 song downloads.
- A free app for Freegal Music is available to download music straight to a device, and includes the ability to create playlists! Search for “Freegal” in your app store.
- Learn more about how Freegal Music works with the Freegal FAQ – highly recommended for first-time users.
Hoopla enables you to borrow music albums (to download or stream) straight from your browser, tablet, or smartphone for FREE. Hoopla also includes access to movies, television shows, e-books, audio books, and comics. You will need your Bloomfield library card and an email address to create a Hoopla account.
- Each patron can borrow 4 items per month.
- All hoopla titles are available for checkout immediately – no waiting in line!
- You can renew an item when it has two or fewer days left in its borrowing period (renewals do not count towards your 4 monthly credits).
- Visit the hoopla help page to learn more about downloading or streaming movies and television.
Contact the library at 860-243-9721 to schedule an appointment for assistance downloading library materials.
Other Downloadable Media
The Bloomfield Libraries offer a variety of downloadable media that you can access on your computer or mobile device (compatibility varies by service).