Hoopla enables you to borrow e-books, audio books, and comics (to download or stream) straight from your browser, tablet, or smartphone for FREE. Hoopla also includes access to movies, television shows, and music albums. You will need your Bloomfield library card and an email address to create a Hoopla account.
- Each patron can borrow 5 items per month.
- All hoopla titles are available for checkout immediately – no waiting in line!
- Visit the hoopla help page or video tutorials to learn more about downloading or streaming movies and television.
OverDrive offers free downloadable e-books, audio books, e-,magazines, and movies. You will need your Bloomfield library card to log into OverDrive. You can check out up to 10 items (e-books, audio books, and movies) at a time. E-magazine checkouts are unlimited simultaneous use.
- Check out our OverDrive instructional brochure on using OverDrive with your mobile device.
- Visit the OverDrive Help page to learn more about using OverDrive on your computer or mobile device.
OneClickDigital offers downloadable audio books and e-books free to library cardholders in the state of Connecticut, and is provided through researchIT CT, a service of the Connecticut State Library.
- You will need your library card to log into researchIT CT, and you will need to create a free OneClickDigital account.
- Visit the OneClickDigital Help page for more assistance.
Free E-Book Resources
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the instructions available on this page. If you experience difficulty, contact the library at 860-243-9721 to schedule an appointment for assistance downloading library materials, or for a demonstration of any of these services.
Other Downloadable Media
The Bloomfield Libraries offer a variety of downloadable media that you can access on your computer or mobile device (compatibility varies by service).